Post-game traffic management plans are coordinated with law enforcement from surrounding areas to ensure that fans get on their way in a safe and timely manner.
- Once the game ends, vehicles will be directed to the Georgia 10 Loop, which circles Athens and provides the easiest access to all routes out of town. This is done to keep cars off of smaller streets that are not designed to carry the load of gameday vehicles.
- Follow the direction in which staff sends you.
- Don’t turn around in the median
- Follow the signs and you will eventually get to your desired destination, probably faster than you think.
- Tune into AM 1650 for traffic and emergency information.
*Please note that law enforcement will periodically make changes to the route based on weather, traffic, and other conditions. Because of this, you may be sent a different direction from game-to-game, but this is all done in order to get fans to their desired destination in the most efficient manner possible.
Frequently Asked Questions